When Kim Kardashian stepped onto the scene with contoured cheeks and the perfect cat eye, who knew it would change our beauty routine forever. Nowadays, if you’re not learning proper technique to a chiseled cheek on YouTube, then you’re skills might be lacking. Good makeup takes tons of practice but it also requires the proper tools for smooth foundation and a perfect smokey eye. Just like makeup – brushes can get very pricey. Depending on the brand, they can cost you up to $500 dollars. Ouch! If you’re a beginner don’t let that discourage you. There are tons of budget friendly options that don’t sacrifice quality. You can find great deals at drugs stores, Sephora and even online. Currently, I am using the 32 piece brush set from MyMakeupBrush, which they sent me for review about three months ago. Since I have been using it religiously, especially while traveling. The set is on sale for $32.99 right now. Which gets me to the next topic: Quality. That’s the big concern right? Will they work and will they last? Well after three months of using the brushes everyday I will say so far they have delivered. Along with the sleek design the bristles are soft and they don’t lose any hair, which is a huge win. The brushes are also synthetic, which means they don’t absorb liquid or cream foundations. For animals lovers – they are cruelty free. This 32 piece set has all the brushes you would need to achieve any desired makeup look in fact, the makeup in my last blog post (which you can see here) was done using this set.
REASONS WHY I AM RECOMMENDING THIS MAKEUP BRUSH SET …
- Budget friendly
- Easy to use
- Super soft bristles
- Perfect for travel with convenient storage case
- Includes brushes for all makeup techniques
If you want your brushes to last long, it’s very important to keep them clean. It’s recommended that you give them a good shampoo once a week, but to be honest I usually shampoo mine every two weeks! (Sorry – finding the time is so hard! Bad habit I know!) Cleaning your brushes is very important because it can also save your skin from breakouts.
BEST WAYS TO CLEAN MAKEUP BRUSHES …
- Dip the bristles in shampoo made for makeup brushes. I like to use the (Bare Minerals Well-Cared for Brush Conditioning Shampoo, $14) a more affordable option is (EcoTools Makeup Brush Shampoo, $8)
- Swirl the bristles in your palm – this will break up the buildup of makeup and bacteria
- Rise until the water is no longer dirty and the brushes are clean
- Lay the brushes flat on a paper towel and let them dry over night
- Store in a closed container to avoid dust, and pollutant build up
Thanks so much for reading – I hope you enjoyed this post! Would love to hear all about your makeup routine in the comments below also share your website link as well!
Lets connect on Instagram!